By booking a taxi from JAB Travel and Transport and/or Bishops Stortford Taxis you automatically agree to the following terms and conditions.
In this document the following words shall have the following meanings:
"Company" - means Joseph Bonito trading as JAB Travel and Transport and Bishops Stortford Taxis of 15 Bulford Lane, Black Notley, Braintree, Essex, CM77 8NW
"Booking" - means a contract between the Company and the Customer for a taxi service.
"Customer" - means the person or organisation booking/purchasing the services from the Company.
“Passenger(s)” - means a traveller or travellers on the conveyance other than the driver
"Agreement" - means these Terms and Conditions.
1. These terms and conditions shall apply to all Bookings for the supply of taxi services by the Company to the Customer.
2. We require a minimum of a contact telephone number for the passenger(s) as a means of establishing contact with them.
3. The Customer shall be responsible for the behaviour of all the passengers in the vehicle during the journey. Any abusive or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated.
4. The Company reserve the right to decline any bookings and to request any passenger(s) to leave the vehicle if it is deemed his/her conduct is incompatible with the safety of the driver and/or vehicle.
5. Any additional damage caused to the interior and/or exterior of any of our vehicles by the Customer and/or additional passengers will be charged accordingly.
6. Eating and drinking is not permitted in our vehicles.
7. Smoking is prohibited and is against the law in the UK.
8. No alcohol is permitted to be consumed inside of any of our vehicles at any time under any circumstances.
9. Should the vehicle require valeting due to the negligence, illness including from alcohol and/or soiled by any passenger(s) a fee will be charged as referred to in clause 17.6.
10. All children travelling during the journey should be restrained in a manner appropriate to their age, weight and height. Suitable child seats should wherever possible be supplied and fitted by the child’s parents. Such seats may be retained by the driver for use on the return journey but must be labelled with Customer’s name, address and telephone number and are left at their own risk.
11. The Company will not carry more passengers than its insurance or licensing allows. It is the Customers responsibility to order a vehicle of appropriate size to carry either passengers and luggage for which the Customer will be charged.
12. All luggage is carried at the Customer’s own risk.
13. We reserve the right to refuse any Customer and/or additional passengers our services at any point in time due to the passenger(s) having excess luggage which could result in the vehicle being unsafe on the road or a risk to driver and/or passenger(s).
14. Our vehicles are serviced and maintained to the highest standard, however, in the unfortunate event of a breakdown the Company cannot be held responsible for fulfilling the booking.
15. The Company may sub-contract its obligations under this agreement. The Customer shall not assign, transfer or delegate any of its rights or obligations under this agreement.
16. Limitations of liability
16.1. The Company and its third party drivers cannot be held responsible for any actual or consequential, financial or professional loss, missed travel connections (flights, trains etc.) due to the late or non-arrival of any taxi cab for any such reason. This shall apply even where such a loss was foreseeable or the Company had been made aware of the possibility of the Customer incurring such a loss.
16.2. The Company and its third party drivers cannot be held responsible for any actual or consequential, financial or professional loss arising from missed connections due to adverse weather, prevailing traffic conditions or any other unforeseen circumstances that negatively influence journey times.
16.3. Except in respect of death or personal injury due to negligence for which no limit applies, the entire liability of the Company to the Customer in respect of any claim whatsoever or breach of the Booking, whether or not arising out of negligence, shall be limited to the price paid by the Customer to the Company in respect of the Booking.
16.4. The Company accepts no responsibilities for any loss or damage to any property or luggage carried in the vehicle however such loss or damage is caused.
17. Quotes/Pricing, Additional Charges and Payment
17.1. Quotes and online enquiries do not constitute a booking until confirmed by the Company.
17.2. Fixed price Bookings will be agreed either over the phone, email or in writing. Deviations to these bookings (different route, increased drop-offs) will result in a further charge as agreed with the driver.
17.3. Fixed price Bookings are only valid from if booking is from or going to Bishops Stortford.
17.4. All local Bookings (less than 2 miles) shall be completed on the meter, unless otherwise agreed.
17.5. All incurred tolls, congestion, drop off area and car parking charges will be paid by the Customer in addition to quotes received by Company.
17.6. Should the vehicle require valeting due to the negligence, illness including from alcohol and/or soiled by any passenger(s) a minimum fee of £100 will be charged to compensate for the costs incurred to valet the vehicle and for the subsequent loss of earnings.
17.7. Payment is accepted via cash, card, PayPal or on pre-authorised account prior to or on the day of travel.
18. Airports/Seaports and Trains etc.
18.1. All bookings must be made in writing. Either by hand or electronically.
18.2. The Company and its third party drivers will not be held responsible or liable for any actual or consequential financial or professional loss, missed travel connections (flights, trains etc) due to the late or non-arrival of any taxi cab. This shall apply even where such a loss was foreseeable or the Company had been made aware of the possibility of the Customer incurring such a loss.
18.3. The Company and its third party drivers will not be held responsible or liable for any missed connections of flights, trains etc. due to any unforeseen circumstances, or circumstances beyond its control.
18.4. An emergency telephone number is available on the website should it be required.
18.5. The Customer will determine the pickup time, bearing in mind traffic conditions and allowing for contingencies.
18.6. The Company will monitor the flight arrivals to check for any delays for which the customer will not be charged for.
18.7. The rescheduling of any pick-up time from the airport may be affected if the flight is delayed. The Company will not be liable for the additional cost of alternative transport should it not be able to fulfil its obligation due to such delays.
18.8. Airport pickup bookings, unless specifically requested, are require to follow the below process:
• A call by the Customer should be made to our offices as soon as possible and is safe and legal to do so after landing to confirm the dispatch of our vehicle.
o Where the booking has not been paid in advance, a car will only be dispatched on receipt of this contact.
• A second call is to be made when the Customer has reclaimed their luggage and is exiting the terminal. The Customer will then be instructed where to be picked up.
18.9. The Company will allow one hour from the plane landing (as per airport website information) for the Customer to meet the taxi. After one hour, waiting time will apply at the prevailing rate of £5 per 30 minutes or any part of 30 minute intervals.
19.1. If you need to cancel a booking you must do so immediately.
19.2. Bookings cancelled over 24 hours prior to journey time will not be charged or if pre-paid, refunded in full minus any credit/debit card transaction fees incurred by Company.
19.3. Bookings cancelled between 24 and 12 hours prior to journey time will be charged 50% of the journey quoted, or a minimum or £10 or if pre-paid, refunded 50% minus any credit/debit card transaction fees incurred by Company.
19.4. Bookings cancelled under 12 hours prior to journey time will be charged 100% of the journey quoted, or a minimum or £10 or if pre-paid, there will be no refund.
19.5. Cancellations should be put in writing, either by hand or electronically. Please ensure you include your full journey details and any reference number provided by Company. If the journey has already been paid for, please also include your receipt. Cancellations are to be made to email@example.com.
20. Feedback and Complaints
20.1. If you would like to give us feedback or raise a concern, it is essential that you inform the driver immediately. Alternatively, if you wish to make a formal complaint, please do so in writing no later than 5 working days after your planned journey. Complaints are to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions can affect your statutory rights. We reserve the right to alter these Terms and conditions at any time and without notice, please review them regularly to ensure you are up to date with any changes.